- Smith, J., Waite, C., Lohm, D. and Arunachalam, D. (2020). Understanding the Lived Experiences of Housing and Transport Stress in the “Affordable” Outer Ring: A Case Study of Melbourne, Australia, accepted for publication at Urban Policy and Research.
- France, A., Coffey, J., Roberts, S. and Waite, C. (2020). Youth Sociology. Macmillan: London (authors ordered alphabetically after first author)
- Waite, C. (2019). Making place with mobile media: Young people’s blurred place-making in regional Australia, Mobile Media and Communication (published first online)
- Waite, C. (2018). Young people’s place-making in a regional Australian town, Sociologia Ruralis, 58(2): 276-292.
- Caygill, R., Peardon, M., Waite, C. and Wright, J. (2017). Comparing a longitudinal integrated clerkship with traditional hospital-based rotations in a rural setting, Medical Teacher, 39(5): 520-526.
- Caygill, R., Peardon, M., Waite, C., Bradley, D., McIntyre, I. and Wright, J. (2016). Attitudes towards peer-review of teaching in medical education, Focus on Health Professional Education: A Multi-disciplinary Journal, 18(2): 47-52
- Waite, C. and Bourke, L. (2015). Rural young peoples’ perspectives on online sociality: crossing geography and exhibiting self through Facebook, Rural Society, 24(2): 200-218
- Waite, C. and Bourke, L. (2015). Using the cyborg to re-think young people’s uses of Facebook, Journal of Sociology, 51(3): 537-552
- Bourke, L., Waite, C. and Wright, J. (2014). Mentoring as a retention strategy to sustain the rural and remote health workforce, The Australian Journal of Rural Health, 22(1): 2-7
- Wright, J., Bourke, L., Waite, C., Holden, T., Goodwin, J., Marmo, A., Wilson, M., Malcolm, H. and Pierce, D. (2014). A short-term rural placement can change metropolitan students’ knowledge of, and attitudes to, rural practice, Medical Journal of Australia, 201(2): 106-108
- Waite, C. and Bourke, L. (2013). ‘It’s different with a horse’: horses as a tool for engagement in a horse therapy program for marginalised young people, Youth Studies Australia, 32(4): 10-16
- Bourke, L. and Waite, C. (2013). 'It's not like I have a disability or anything!’ Perceptions of disability and impairment among young, rural people, Disability Studies Quarterly, 33(3): 14-20
- Bourke, L. and Waite, C (2011). ‘We’re not all the same!’ Heterogeneity of young people’s education and health in six country towns in northern Victoria. In J. Martin and T. Budge (eds) The Sustainability of Australia's Country Towns: Renewal, Renaissance, Resilience. VURRN Press Inc: 251-275
Co-workers & collaborators
Research Assistant - Melbourne, VIC
Professor of Education Policy and Practice, Youth Studies - Melbourne, Australia
Monash Centre for Youth Policy and Education Practice (CYPEP)
Beatriz Gallo Cordoba
Research Fellow - Melbourne, Australia