Carlo Rindi Nuzzolo
Researcher - Lead Curator (The British Museum) (Archaeology; History; Art History; History and Archaeology not elsewhere classified; Middle Eastern and African History; Digital Humanities; European History (excl. British, Classical Greek and Roman); Classical Greek and Roman History; Social and Community Informatics; Museum Studies; Heritage and Cultural Conservation; Cultural Studies not elsewhere classified; Multicultural, Intercultural and Cross-cultural Studies; Arts and Cultural Policy; Archaeology of Europe, the Mediterranean and the Levant; Archaeology not elsewhere classified; Archaeological Science; Historical Archaeology (incl. Industrial Archaeology); Archaeology of Asia, Africa and the Americas)
My research interests and specialisation include material culture; Egypt in Late and Graeco-Roman periods; Cultural Heritage preservation and protection; digital media for research in Archaeology; 3D modelling; photography.
I am part of the Dakhleh Oasis Project, and in 2018 we organised an International Conference on occasion of its 40th anniversary. I am a member of: International Association of Egyptologists, Egypt & Austria Society, Europeana, ICOM.
- Ben-Dor Evian, Shirly with contributions by Orly Goldwasser and Daphna Ben-Tor, Carlo Rindi Nuzzolo and Stefan Wimmer. Emoglyphs: Picture-Writing from Hieroglyphs to the Emoji. Israel Museum Catalogue 690. Jerusalem, 2019.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo, and Guidotti, Irene. "Re-excavating Egyptological manuscripts: the explorer Angelo Castelbolognesi and his donations to the museums of Ferrara and Florence", 347-358. Egypt & Austria XI: In Search of the Orient, Vienna, Austria, 2018.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "Graeco-Roman cartonnage from the Kellis 1 cemetery (Ismant el-Kharab - Dakhleh Oasis): the case of tombs 10 and 25." In Burial and mortuary practices in late period and Graeco-Roman Egypt : proceedings of the International Conference held at Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest, 17-19 July 2014, edited by Katalin Anna Kóthay, 307-311. Budapest : Museum of Fine Arts, 2017.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo, and Guidotti, Irene. "Eight years following the traces of Giuseppe and Amalia Nizzoli: preliminary results of the Nizzoli Project." In Egypt 2015: Perspectives of Research: Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference of Egyptologists (2nd-7th June, 2015, Zagreb – Croatia), edited by Mladen Tomorad and Joanna Popielska-Grzybowska, 347-358. Oxford: Archaeopress Egyptology, 2017.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "Tradition and Transformation: retracing Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figures from Akhmîm in Museums and Private Collections." In (Re)productive traditions in ancient Egypt : proceedings of the conference held at the University of Liège, 6th-8th February 2013, edited by Todd Gillen, 445-474. Liège: Presses Universitaires de Liège, 2017.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo, and Guidotti, Irene. "The Traveler as a direct witness: re-investigating Amalia Nizzoli’s Memorie sull’Egitto." In Egypt & Austria X: Visualizing the Orient. Central Europe and the Near East in the 19th and 20th Century. Proceeding of the International Conference, edited by Adéla Jůnová Macková, Lucie Storchová and Libor Jůn, 21-31. Prague: Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (AMU), Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU), 2016.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "Two Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figures from Akhmim in the Egyptian Collection of the Museum of Fine Arts, Budapest," Bulletin du Musée Hongrois des Beaux-Arts 119 (2014): 13-41.
- Rindi, Carlo. "Some remarks on the positioning of Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figures in Third Intermediate and Late Period burials." In Cult and Belief in Ancient Egypt: Proceedings of the Fourth International Congress for Young Egyptologists, edited by Teodor Lekov, and Emil Buzov, 30-36. Sofia : East West, 2014.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo, and Guidotti, Irene. "Origins and legacy of Giuseppe Nizzoli, chancellor of the Austrian consulate in Egypt" Studi di Egittologia e Papirologia, 11, 2014, 149-154. Torrossa, doi:10.1400/226449.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. 2016. "Giuseppe and Amalia Nizzoli in Egypt: details on the formation of the third collection of Egyptian antiquities as seen from a previously unknown document". Egypt and Austria IX : Perception of the Orient in Central Europe (1800-1918) : Proceedings of the Symposium Held at Betliar, Slovakia (October 21st to 24th, 2013). 279-295.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "Between Milan and Florence: the second collection of Giuseppe Nizzoli," Studi di Egittologia e Papirologia 11 (2014): 129-148, doi:10.1400/226448.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "A Gift from the Oasis: The Eternal process of Life, Death and Rebirth through a Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figure / Darilo iz Oaze: Večni Krog Življenja, Smrti in Ponovnega Rojstva Skozi Kipec Ptah-Sokar-Ozirisa." In Magija Amuletov/The Magic of Amulets, edited by Marko Frelih, 149-155. Ljubljana : Slovenski etnografski muzej, 2014.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo, "The Ptah-Sokar-Osiris Figure of Tjesraperet, Wet Nurse of Pharaoh Taharka's daughter. Typological and Historical Analysis", Bulletin de la Société d'Égyptologie Genève, 29(2013): 131-144.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "An Unusual Group of Ptah-Sokar-Osiris Figures Some Reflections on Typology and Provenance", Journal of the American Research Center in Egypt, 49(2013): 193-204, https://doi.org/10.5913/0065-9991-49-1-193.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "An Autograph letter of Giuseppe Nizzoli and a memory of Ippolito Rosellini: gleanings of Egyptology in the National Central Library of Florence", Studi di Egittologia e Papirologia 10 (2013): 151-162, doi:1824-7326.
- Rindi Nuzzolo, Carlo. "A Ptah-Sokar-Osiris figure in the name of Nesmin, son of Ankhpakhered", Egitto e Vicino Oriente, 35(2012): 71-82.
Co-workers & collaborators
Digitisation Coordinator (Research Infrastructure Division) - Melbourne