Dante and his Comedy: From the Past to the Present
presentationposted on 22.05.2019, 02:33 by Irene Guidotti
Invited Keynote Speaker - Dante Alighieri Society SeminarA historical-literary presentation of some of the passages and most famous characters in the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.
We discovered the region the poet visited during his exile, how he was influenced by locals, places, and events, and what is still visible today.
The presentation was part of the International project "Dante and the Mugello territory" for the 700th anniversary of the death of Dante Alighieri in 2021, a project still ongoing.
Photos of Mugello sightseeing by Andrea Lapi Photography
Terre di Dante
- Literature in Italian
- European History (excl. British, Classical Greek and Roman)
- Tourism not elsewhere classified
- Tourism Marketing
- Recreation, Leisure and Tourism Geography
- Tourism Forecasting
- Literary Studies not elsewhere classified
- Other European Literature
- Language, Communication and Culture not elsewhere classified
- Christian Studies (incl. Biblical Studies and Church History)
Dante AlighieriDanteItalian LiteratureLetteratura ItalianaItalian literature in EnglishDivina CommediaDivine ComedyTuscanyTuscany landscapeTuscany region residentsToscana RegionFirenzeFlorenceEmilia Romagna regionRavennaEcotourismTOURISMMiddle AgesItalian HistorypoetryHeritage TourismHeritage tourismCultural heritagepoemHistoric PreservationMedieval HistoryMugelloMugello RegionGiottoMediciHouse of MediciArt HistorynarrativeDurante AlighieriArchitectureItalian Cultureanalysis